Burberry, SS16.

Yesterday, my favourite brand that shows at London Fashion Week took to the catwalk. That's right, it was time for Christopher Bailey to send his latest collection for Burberry out in front of hundreds of journalists and celebrities alike. Accompanied by a 32-piece orchestra, Alison Moyet provided the live soundtrack to the show, and in true Burberry style, the second-to-none front row definitely enjoyed the performance.


Deep breath. Models Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne, Liu Wen, Jourdan Dunn, Suki Waterhouse and Neelam Gill were accompanied by British actors Benedict Cumberbatch, Holliday Grainger, Naomie Harris and Sienna Miller. British musicians Tinie Tempah, St Vincent and Paloma Faith rubbed shoulders with celebrated film director, Baz Luhrmann. I told you, second to none.


The collection itself featured plenty of sheer. Tops, skirts, dresses and gowns all features see through elements. One of my favourite looks from the show saw model of the moment Maartje Verhoef in a black lace slip dress with a lightweight trench coat thrown over. Another look that i loved was a dusty pink mini dress that was full of sheer panelling. Bailey has certainly turned a heritage brand sexy for 2016. A wine red, polka dot gown was perhaps my favourite piece in the collection, and one I know many celebrities on that front row will now be lusting after.







As an old employee of Burberry's marketing and PR department, I attended a couple of shows myself. Read up on my experiences here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment