Capes For Men. Yes or No?

Ever since they hit the Burberry AW14 catwalk, the man cape has been a should I or shouldn't I question at the back of my mind. Then after a request from dear old Anthony, I spent a good few hours searching, and I've found some styles I think I may have to purchase.


The first cape comes from good ol' ASOS. At just £22, this tassel cape is the least expensive I've found but would still love to own. I love camel. Along with black, navy, grey and white, camel is a colour I tend to go to over winter. I also love the length, you know this will keep you warm when the biting wind picks up.

P.S. If camel really isn't your thing, this cape also comes in black.


Next is this off black, reversible piece from Zara. I admit, it has sleeves, but the overall shape is very cape-like. At £49.99 it's the most expensive in my list, but I like the hood and lapel details. The length is also better for those a little shorter than I.


Over the past few months, Topman has really upped its game. Their choice of capes was great! My favourite of them all was this black style with double white stripe detail. The stripes give the cape quite a sporty feel, so you can definitely keep some man points! At just £35, this cape is one I'll certainly be going in to try on.


Back to ASOS now, and a brand I hadn't heard of before - Gregory's. Like on the Burberry style, I wanted to find an interesting print. This style, just £25(!) is perhaps my favourite of the capes. It can be worn with white and denim, as below, but would look equally as good with an all black outfit underneath.


Finally, for those who want a style that's almost identical to the Burberry style, ASOS has a colour block cape in nearly the same colours, just £22. I have however seen a few women retailers stocking the same style, so maybe avoid around big groups of ladies - no one wants to be in the middle of a 'who wore it best?' vote.


If you've enjoyed this, take a look at my top picks from Zara, Reiss & All Saints this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment