Met Gala 2014.

First off, I know how late I am with this post, but I have just finished the last exam of my degree, so posts will be much more regular from now on - I promise!

On Monday 5th May, anyone who's anyone in the fashion world gathered at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York to celebrate British-born designer Charles James at this year's Met Gala. The theme was 'White Tie & Decorations', and all of our favourite celebrities didn't disappoint with their incredible looks.

An archive image of models wearing couture designs by Charles James.

Here's my run-down of the best of the best from the night:

Georgia Jagger in Thierry Mugler - This was easily my favourite look on the night. It was simple, elegant but also daring enough for a Met Ball dress with the double split. You go!

Lily Aldridge in Michael Kors - Lily literally shone in this silver dress and it suited the theme of the night perfectly.

Beyoncé in custom Givenchy Haute Couture - Before all of the Solange drama, Bey looked almost regal in her all black number with coordinating vail.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Balmain - only a supermodel could pull off this leather and animal print mini-dress and Rosie did it effortlessly.

Rachel McAdams in Ralph Lauren Collection - I think I have a passion for pale pink dresses, and this simple, caped design really embodied the 'Charles James' aesthetic.

Suki Waterhouse in custom Burberry - I couldn't not feature Burberry, and 'it' girl Suki wowed in this pink and grey tiered DREAM of a dress.

And the best couple of the night had to be Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds both in custom Gucci. Well done them for outshining Jay and Bey!

No comments:

Post a Comment