Burberry Prorsum Menswear, AW14.

Today saw the Burberry Prorsum Menswear show for Autumn/Winter 2014 in London's Hyde Park. Unfortunately I wasn't at the show itself this time, but some of the looks impressed me all the way up in rainy Manchester!


The first few looks of the show weren't to my taste, but as the show went on and the colours became darker, my view of the collection completely changed. Carrying on with the relaxed feel from Spring/Summer, Christopher Bailey kept the silhouettes soft with all the looks having a relaxed shoulder and made from fabrics with excellent drape.


The first looks that caught my eye, were the overcoats matched with the oversized, check scarves and mesh vests. Although I won't be wearing a mesh vest next winter, the coat and scarf together showed us a great way to add colour to a dark outfit.


Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to wear black. The next looks from the collection that I've added to my wish list were head to toe black with only a silk scarf for colour. I don't particularly like the way the scarves have been styled, but I am obsessing over the fine knit and shearling leather jacket.


Finally, I really liked the woollen coats paired with the dark floral scarves. I think the key message fort he collection was to keep the clothing rather neutral, but experiment with accessories and I think these looks show this the best.

I also want to point out the new bag, the 'St Ives', available in an array or materials, colour ways and patterns. My favourite is the green and black striped style. SO chic.

Thoughts on the collection guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment