SS14 Menswear Highlights.

Firstly, apologies for the lack of posts. I've finally completed my relocation back to Manchester and, with the extra time I've now got on my hands, I'll be on top of the posting. Promise.

A male model backstage at the Burberry show - amazing glasses, poor collection.

So the menswear shows for Spring/Summer 2014 are over, and below (as per) you'll find what I loved from my favourite collections.

Lanvin
One of my all-time favourite brands, Lanvin, presented crotch-skimming shorts with loose double breasted jackets, relaxed tees, below-the-knee and oversized pieces of outerwear, beige knitwear and slouchy pants in a matching shade. Basically, there was something for everyone. The collection, on the whole, felt daring to me and personally I can't wait to get my pins out.


Prada
2 words: Hawaiian heaven. Although a prolific designer, I rarely pay Prada much attention. This season however, the prints literally got me itching to go on holiday. Creating a dark, tropical paradise, the prints were second to none. From the many florals to the 1940s pin-up man and woman emblazoned across satin bomber jackets. Admittedly the silhouettes are not up my street but I can't wait to team one of those bombers with a plain vest, skinny pant and sandal.


Louis Vuitton
The Louis Vuitton man certainly has a 'get up and go' air about him this season. From what started as what could be a professional man's summer suit, I was taken on holiday with each model dressed for different holiday events: there were travel suits, boating attire, city exploring looks as well as evening appropriate looks from a pale pink, linen dinner suit to a monogrammed tuxedo jacket. I loved the Boy Scout-esque parkas.

 

Valentino
Speechless. This collection had so many amazing looks, I struggled to pick my top 8. Like many other shows, there were several themes running through the Valentino collection: denim, florals, khaki green and camel, relaxed tailoring... to name but a few. Some stand-out pieces for me were the crisp white tees with printed skinny pants, oxblood accessories and the colour block, denim-effect suit.


Surprisingly, my longstanding favourite Burberry didn't make my highlights this season. As stated previously, I found the collection pretty uninspiring and although there were a few good looks, the show as a whole fell short. Better look next season Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment