Met Gala 2012.

I've just finished looking through the Met Gala pictures on style.com, and I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed. There's usually a stand out star at this fashion calendar highlight, but this year the style stakes were severely lowered, although some of the stars did look the part. The event honoured two of Italian fashion's finest: Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli. So, naturally, Prada designs filled the red carpet from Carey Mulligan's 'fish scale' dress to Kate Bosworth's feathered mini.

Carey Mulligan in Prada

Kate Boswoth in Prada

Although nothing or noone really gave me a fashion-gasm, here is my 'Top 5 Best Dressed' list.

5. Victoria's Secret veteran Candice Swanepoel in custom Rag & Bone. Absolutely love the back detailing!


4. Actress Emma Stone in Lanvin. The relaxed hair and make up make this look totally appropriate for a Hollywood starlet.


3. Mad Men star January Jones in Atelier Versace. Fashion snaps for going there with the colour. Fits her like a dream too.


2. The Devil Wears Prada's breakout star Emily Blunt in Calvin Klein Collection. Sometimes less is more, right?


1. I can't decide between the two! Achingly cool Brit-models Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn both in Burberry Prorsum.


So that's my pick of the best dressed at the Met Gala 2012. Other notables include Rihanna and Chanel Iman in Tom Ford, Michelle Dockery in Ralph Lauren and Eve Mendes in Prada. Perhaps next year I'll have an invite.... #WishfulThinking

Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment