Elie Saab Couture.

Nowadays it takes a lot for a collection to have me up on my feet clapping, but Elie Saab's Spring 2011 Couture collection has done just that. God knows why I've never seen it before but the ultra-feminine collection is perhaps the most beautiful I've ever seen. From the opening sequence of blush gowns to the closing black ones, this collection deserves a blog post to itself. The show was filled with hand-woven lace, delicate applique flowers, layers of sheer fabrics, asymmetrical hemlines, dramatic slits, strapless necklines, one-shouldered looks and cap sleeves. It really is too beautiful.

Its hard to pick out a favourite look but I've edited it down to my top three. Scroll down to see the full collection video. Mila Kunis fans may notice the lavender look she wore to the 2011 Oscars.

1. The opening look: there's something Pride and Prejudice about it. The lace, colour and cinched waist make it fit for a modern day Princess.

2. The Ivory Stunner:  This heavily embellished gown caught my eye on the runway. Perfect bridal couture. I wish I was a girl! 

3. The Penultimate look: Slits everywhere, this dress could be seen on any vixen. And again, embellishment to die for!

So, any of those looks tickle your fancy? Or is there another gown from this incredible collection that you could see yourself in?

No comments:

Post a Comment