Love for Lanvin.

I don't know what it is about Alber Elbaz.
I'm fascinated.

Season after season, it's the same. Similar silhouettes - exaggerated shoulders and arms, pencil skirts, wasp waits - and colour palettes - blacks and greys highlighted with jewel tones -, draped in lots of costume jewellery march down the runway on models with a certain Goth/grunge edge to them. Despite the similarities, there is always something new, enticing, intriguing. Lanvin has become a show I can't wait for - typical that it usually falls on the second to last day of the whole show season. Ultimately, every collection reflects the Parisian culture so naturally, to celebrate Elbaz's 10 years with the brand, the Parisian influence this season came from the city's nightlife. My top three looks from the collection are:

These three looks stood out to me for one obvious reason: the glitz.

Thinking back to previous collections, there are other looks that have wowed me. One look from the Spring Summer '11 collection featured lots of gathering all from the collar, which in itself was a masterpiece: a choker made of a brushed bronze metal and made to look like a beetle, spreading its wings. I'm literally still obsessing, three seasons later.

#ChicToTheNextLev - Black organza over a mustard leotard? And I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment